Answers to Review Questions: Week 2
1. a. How many colors does the safe color palette have and how were they selected?
b. Challenge: How many color names can be safely used in both Netscape and MSIE?
a. The safe color palette contains 216 colors out of a possible 256.
2. What is the maximum number of colors the GIF file format can display?
3. What is the maximum number of colors the JPG file format can display?
16.7 million colors
4. What is a benefit and a disadvantage of using a high compression value in an image?
A benefit is that high compression results in a smaller file size and so a faster loading image; a disadvantage is that higher compression results in an image with lower resolution and one that is not as sharp.
5. What is the default resolution in dpi for Paint Shop Pro?
72 dpi is the default resolution in PSP.
Return to Top of this page
Return to Loretta Kasper's Paint Shop Pro Assignment Page